Using Google + for small business marketing is a smart move. It allows businesses to share information and resources to those connections it makes. However, just setting up this account does not do enough to empower the company or to gain from the campaign. Rather, the process takes promotion. By learning how to effectively promote your page, you could see bigger sales, more traffic to websites and more brand recognition overall. Without promotion, your account on this social marketing tool is unlikely to be more than just a time waster.
Tips for Promoting
Promoting Google + for small business does take time. Like any type of social marketing tool, the goal is not to sell to the customer. Rather, it is to connect with them. By making this connection, individuals and businesses alike can develop a bond. That bond often translates into sales and profits when executed properly. Getting people to know about the company is the first step and this particular social marketing tool can help.
There are many ways to promote your account. The following are some of the most effective ways to use Google + for small businesses.
- Use the Spread feature to promote your page to your personal profile followers. You can share your company with your friends, family and colleagues.
- Stay up to date and ensure that your page remains that way, too. The more you post useful, informative information, the more people will find it and engage in conversation with you.
- You can and should link to your website. Using this linking process can help to get traffic to your page and to your website, too. This may allow you to connect more people than you thought you could.
- You can use AdWords campaigns with your Google + for small business page. This allows for the sharing of the +1 across more promotions. You can do the same thing with your AdWords Express campaign.
- Just let others know about your page. This includes any customer walking in your door. Provide a link in your email to your page. Use other social marketing tools like Facebook and Twitter to find additional people.
For those who use this tool effectively, there will be improvements to traffic and to your company’s brand recognition. Google + for small business does not cost anything to use. It does not require a lot of money to get it off the ground. It also does not need to take up a lot of your time to be effective. However, for a smaller company, it can be an effective and simple way to gain more attention and the services it offers. There is no reason not to use it.