You are thinking about having breast augmentation and are wondering how you will move forward with the process. Is this a good thing? Should you do this? Is it even safe? Many people ask these questions and it is a good thing. It can help to prepare you for the meeting with your cosmetic surgeon to discuss if this is the right option for you and your future or if you should be looking for something else. Depending on a variety of circumstances, many women decide to go forward with the procedure. The first step, though, is always an initial consultation.
What Is It?
The initial consultation is an opportunity for you to sit down with the cosmetic surgeon to discuss your case and your needs. It is an opportunity for you better to understand what is happening within your body and what you can do to make the changes that you would like to make. Breast augmentation is a big decision and with the help of your surgeon, you can better understand what the process will entail. This initial meeting should offer you an opportunity to get to know the process.
During the initial consultation, you should ask questions and gather information. You will want to know the following before you leave from this appointment.
- Are you a candidate for the procedure? You should be in overall good health. You should have no limitations in terms of smoking or other health problems that could put you at risk for complications.
- Is this cosmetic surgeon qualified to provide services based on his or her education, training and experience? Does the professional have up to date training in the latest technologies?
- What is the realistic outcome of this procedure for you? This is important. You need to understand what you are likely to feel and look like after the procedure is complete. Do not go into this procedure without this knowledge.
- What will happen to you? You should understand how the procedure works. You should also make decisions about implant size and learn about the healing process.
- Learn about the costs associated with the process. You also need fully to understand any risks you are facing going into it.
Breast augmentation can be one of the best opportunities for you to improve your look in a safe and permanent way. For many people, it is the ideal way to boost confidence and to feel good about your body. Yet, before you make that decision to go forward, set up a consultation to talk about your options with your surgeon. Get to know the process and procedure well before you go forward.