Breast augmentation will change your life and give you the look you want. Yet, many people do not take into consideration what it really is going to be like after waking up from this surgical procedure. The good news is that the healing and overall recovery process may be easier than you think due to new technology that reduces the amount of invasion the procedure has. Individuals do need to take into consideration what this procedure will offer and what the recovery process will be like before moving toward it, though.
What It Will Be Like
In most cases, breast augmentation is a procedure that does not require a hospital stay, though you will likely be in the surgeon’s office or hospital for a number of hours. Generally, the procedure will be less invasive than they used to be since only a small hole is made to insert the implants. Each person’s procedure will be different. Each doctor also has his or her own protocol for helping you to get back to healing. Keep in mind that you should always follow your doctor’s orders during this process.
You can expect a few things, though. You should go over these aspects with your surgeon in advance of having the procedure done.
- You will likely be very sore. The area will feel sore, as if you worked out long and hard and are paying the price for it now. This will likely lessen as time goes on.
- After surgery, there will be significant swelling in and around the area. This will come down in the hours and days after the procedure.
- You may receive medications to take for pain and to reduce the risk of infection. You may also receive a topical product to add to your incision area after the procedure. Always follow your doctor’s orders on taking care of the incision to ensure the lines do fade.
- If you have stitches or staples, your surgeon will provide you with information about when they will remove them and how it will happen.
- Chances are good you will need time to recovery slowly. Before returning to your full active lifestyle, you will need time for your body to heal. Your doctor will tell you when you can get back to your normal lifestyle after the procedure.
Breast augmentation is a safe procedure and one that does not have a lasting impact on your body’s abilities and movements. Yet, if you want to reduce your risks and increase the look and appeal of your breasts, you will need to follow your doctor’s directions during this procedure. It can make a significant impact on your overall results.